Patient Comments: Phlebitis - Risk Factors

If known, what were your risk factors for developing phlebitis?

Comment from: jwills16, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I donated blood in November 2013. Right after, my arm swelled up and became black and blue that lasted 2 weeks. After that my arm would start burning in the area where they stuck me. It"s been over 5 months and I am still getting the burning. Went to a vein doctor he looked at my arm said he thought it was the nerve. Went to the nerve doctor and he did an ultra sound and it was clear. I"m stuck with the burning and no one can tell me what"s causing it or what to do for it I also took medicine for inflammation for two weeks.

Phlebitis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with Phlebitis.
Phlebitis - Causes Question: What was the cause of your phlebitis?
Phlebitis - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms associated with phlebitis?
Phlebitis - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, including medications, did you receive for your phlebitis?