- What is Dilantin?
- Is Dilantin available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for Dilantin?
- Why is Dilantin prescribed to patients?
- What are the side effects of Dilantin?
- What is the dosage for Dilantin?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with Dilantin?
- Is Dilantin safe to use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about Dilantin?
What is Dilantin?
Phenytoin is an oral and injectable anti-seizure medication first synthesized in 1908.
Is Dilantin available as a generic drug?
Quick GuideEpilepsy: Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.