- High Blood Pressure Slideshow Pictures
- Take the Salt Quiz!
- Lowering Blood Pressure Exercise Tips Pictures
- What is phenylephrine-injection, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- What brand names are available for phenylephrine-injection?
- Is phenylephrine-injection available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for phenylephrine-injection?
- What are the side effects of phenylephrine-injection?
- What is the dosage for phenylephrine-injection?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with phenylephrine-injection?
- Is phenylephrine-injection safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about phenylephrine-injection?
Is phenylephrine-injection safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
There are no adequate studies done on phenylephrine to determine safe and effective use in pregnant women.
It is not known whether phenylephrine enters breast milk; therefore, it is best to be cautious before using it in nursing mothers.
What else should I know about phenylephrine-injection?
What preparations of phenylephrine-injection are available?
Injection: 10 mg/ml
How should I keep phenylephrine-injection stored?
Store phenylephrine injections between 15 C to 30 C (59 to 86 F).
FDA Prescribing Information.
Quick GuideHow to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.