Phentermine (Adipex-P, Obenix, Suprenza [Discontinued brands: Fastin, Oby-Trim, Obestin-30, OnaMast, Tora, Wilpo) is a drug that suppresses the appetite for weight loss. Phentermine should be combined with exercise and diet for the short term treatment of obesity. Drug interactions may occur with some tricyclic antidepressants or monoamine oxidase inhibitors. Side effects include palpitations, high blood pressure, hives, impotence, constipation, dry mouth, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, and more.
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been
considered to be obese if they are...learn more »
In This Article
- Obesity facts
- What is obesity?
- How common is obesity?
- What are the health risks associated with obesity?
- What causes obesity?
- What are other factors associated with obesity?
- How is body fat measured?
- What about weight-for-height tables?
- What is the body mass index (BMI)?
- Does it matter where body fat is located? (Is it worse to be an "apple" or a
- What can be done about obesity?
- What is the role of physical activity and exercise in obesity?
- What is the role of diet in the treatment of obesity?
- What is the role of medication in the treatment of obesity?
- What about herbal fen/phen?
- What about meal substitutes, artificial sweeteners, and over-the-counter (OTC) products?
- What is the role of surgery in the treatment of obesity?
- How can patients choose a safe and successful weight-loss program?
Stretch marks occur in the dermis, the elastic middle layer of skin that allows it to retain its shape. When the skin is...learn more »
In This Article
Stretch Marks Article
- Stretch mark facts
- What are stretch marks?
- What causes stretch marks?
- What are risk factors for stretch marks?
- What are symptoms and signs of stretch marks?
- How are stretch marks diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for stretch marks?
- Are there any home remedies for stretch marks?
- What is the prognosis of stretch marks?
- Can stretch marks be prevented?