Patient Comments: Peyronie's Disease - Experience

Please describe your experience with Peyronie's disease.

Comment from: Dogfart, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 27

I had what I consider a normal yet really good sex life with my 2nd wife. We met when I was 43 and the sex was very intimate and intense. On my 46th birthday, I woke up with my left leg swollen like a balloon. I went to the emergency room and found I had developed a deep vein thrombosis (blood clot). Further tests indicated that I may have had lung cancer also. After surgery they ruled out lung cancer and said it was something called sarcoidosis. At almost the same point I wound up with severe erectile dysfunction, and a painful severe left bend near the head of my penis. It literally makes a 90 degree bend just before the head. Over the last 3 years, the bend became slightly better but not by much. My wife and I can't have intercourse anymore because of my Peyronie's disease and have to rely on other avenues to please each other. Thankfully we have a strong love for one another. My doctors have not been much help so far. It's discouraging.

Comment from: Duckaller, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 25

My consultant suggested Peyronie's disease was caused by vigorous sex which I feel is nonsense. I had a rather pronounced curve of my penal shaft which never really bothered me or stopped me from enjoying normal intercourse. However, I recall very well, occasions whilst having intercourse that my penis despite being very erect, sort of partially kinked I felt it distinctly, and thought I had better be careful in the future, but too late I fear! The damage had been done and the traumatized area I believe attracts scarring and hence the formation of plaques. Nothing to do with vigorous sex, or unusual sexual habits just a predisposition if you happen to have a bendy one so be careful out there. Nobody told me it would be so naggingly painful either.

Comment from: chris, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 16

I ended up with Peyronie's disease or something similar after a car accident when I was 17. To the best of my knowledge my penis suffered an impact in the accident which caused an internal laceration. This went unnoticed in the hospital. I also suffer loss of sensation to 60% of my penis due to nerve damage which also went unnoticed. From my knowledge there is no cure for nerve damage or Peyronie's disease.

Comment from: bill, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: January 03

My wife and I had a normal and good sex life for 10 to 12 years, however my wife has small orifices, including her vagina and on occasions I would experience a sharp pain during intercourse. In the 11th year of our marriage I developed Peyronie's and I am of the opinion that it was caused by damage during intercourse. My present wife has not had children and my previous wife and I had 10 children over 17 years, I am aged 76.

Comment from: Ruuby, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 21

I noticed a curvature happening about two years ago, today it has totally angled downward when erect. I can still have intercourse but it is not as pleasurable to me, she loves it, or so she says. I am wondering if there is any cure to this by taking supplements or maybe laser treatments.

Peyronie's Disease - Causes Question: If known, what was the cause of your case of Peyronie's disease?
Peyronie's Disease - Treatment Question: How was your case of Peyronie's disease treated, and was it effective?
Peyronie's Disease - Complications Question: Please describe your experience with complications of Peyronie's disease.
Peyronie's Disease - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms you experienced with Peyronie's disease?