Routine Vaccinations for Puppies and Dogs (cont.)
What Symptoms Should I Look For?
Most dogs show no ill effect from vaccination. Vaccine reactions may be minor and short-lived or require immediate care from a veterinarian. Clinical signs include:
It is best to schedule your dog's appointment so that you can monitor him for any side effects following administration of the vaccine.
What Should I Do if i Think My Dog Is Having an Adverse Reaction to a Vaccine?
If you suspect your dog is having a reaction to a vaccine, call your veterinarian immediately.
© 2009 ASPCA. All Rights Reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions