Dogs: Help Your Child Overcome a Fear of Dogs (cont.)
Overcoming a Fear of Dogs: Time is On Your Side
Little Carly is still taking a wait-and-see approach to dogs. "I just asked her what she thinks about them," says mom, Laura, "and she says that dogs are 'too wild, and remember that time one bit my dress?'" But Carly is getting better, mom says. She used to be scared of kittens too, but now has a full-on 5-year-old's obsession with them.
Allowing nature to take its course -- that may one of the best tips on how to help your child overcome a fear of dogs.
SOURCES: Tracy A. Dennis, PhD, associate professor, department of psychology, Hunter
College, The City University of New York, New York, N.Y.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions