Common Skin Problems in Dogs
Your dog's skin is an indication of her overall health. When a skin problem occurs, your dog may respond with excessive scratching, chewing and/or licking. A wide range of causes-including external parasites, infections, allergies, metabolic problems and stress, or a combination of these-may be affecting your dog's skin.
What Are Some Symptoms of Skin Problems in Dogs?
What Might Cause My Dog to Have Skin Problems?
One of the following may be causing an abnormality with your dog's skin and should be investigated:
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions