Toxoplasmosis in Cats (cont.)
How Can Toxoplasmosis Be Prevented?
If you have reason to be concerned (if your cat hunts, for example), cat parents, pregnant moms and immunocompromised individuals can take some simple precautions against toxoplasmosis:
It is not necessary to relinquish a cat if he has toxoplasmosis. By taking the recommended steps above to practice good hygiene, both cat and humans can remain safe and healthy.
© 2009 ASPCA. All Rights Reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions