Patient Comments: Peripheral Vascular Disease - Experience

Please describe your experience with peripheral vascular disease.

Comment from: nedelcho, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: November 18

I am in my late 70's. I have had 6 procedures on my legs, 4 on the left and 2 on the right. I still get SEVERE PAIN in my calves. I have to stop walking and at rest my right foot feels numb and cold. I have to wear a sock at night to keep it somewhat warm. Sometimes in the dead of night, I get terrible cramping in my right leg and foot. I can barely get up out of bed to put ice packs on my muscles. On top of this, I have had a quadruple bypass and 2 stents after that. I am told, "That's all we can do!" I still suffer.

Comment from: key, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 26

Whenever I use my hands I feel tingling, numbness, and my fingers get stuck on a certain position depending on what I'm doing and when I sleep with both arms up I get that tingling feeling from my fingers up to my arms.

Comment from: Jimbo, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 07

My big toe draws upward in a spasm, but it seems the tendon is tightning. The pain is bad in the top of my foot and heat helps but it will come and go for hours. I am active and play golf. A barber by trade.

Comment from: kralcrl, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: July 24

At age 53 I was diagnosed with Peripheral Vascular Disease which resulted in by-pass artery surgery to both the right and left legs. I felt no pain up to the time I had the surgery. Since surgery my doctors have kept me with pulses tests each year. Since the original surgery I still have the original by-pass in the left leg but have had surgery for replacement of the artificial artery in the right leg. Upon my latest pulses test I have now been informed that I do have problems with my right leg again which will be treated with medication. I have had wonderful care given, I have had my by-passes now for 26 years and I lead a very active life..

Peripheral Vascular Disease - Symptoms Question: What are your symptoms associated with peripheral vascular disease?
Peripheral Vascular Disease - Treatments Question: What forms of treatment, including lifestyle changes, have you tried for peripheral vascular disease?