Patient Comments: Peripheral Vascular Disease - Symptoms

What are your symptoms associated with peripheral vascular disease?

Comment from: Tammydedwards, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 23

I had surgery on both my feet at the same time and the surgery stopped my life because the doctor did too much surgery at one time. I now have peripheral vascular disease in both my feet and have been on bed rest from this disease. When I asked the doctor why my feet are burning and turning purple and black when they are down on the floor or just down, period, the doctor's response was that he did not know why my feet are doing that and that he talked to three or four of the doctors that he works with, and they did not know either. Now I know and I am not going to let this go, I am going to file a law suit against this doctor so that he will not do this to another person. No one should have to live with this pain and have to keep their feet up at all times. Take care and remember this is your life and mine that I am talking about maybe even a family member of yours.

Comment from: joe1943, 65-74 (Patient) Published: September 18

I was recently told I have PVD. You probably have heard it only hurts when you laugh. Well, in my case, it only hurts when I stand, walk, or when I try to go to sleep. I have already been told there is a good chance that I will lose my left leg and possibly my right also. I try to ride the bike each day to try to get circulation to my feet.

Peripheral Vascular Disease - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with peripheral vascular disease.
Peripheral Vascular Disease - Treatments Question: What forms of treatment, including lifestyle changes, have you tried for peripheral vascular disease?