Patient Comments: Peripheral Neuropathy - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your peripheral neuropathy?

Comment from: Ilandria, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 09

I wish I knew more about prevention of yeast infection! When I have trouble (under breasts, tummy, etc.), I soak in a hot tub with tea tree soap. I prefer full strength Dr. Bronner's. After thorough drying, I apply tea tree oil diluted in a carrier (jojoba or olive oil). Usually it clears in a matter of days. I also diluted the Dr. Bronner's 50/50 with water for showering. If I do this daily, I can usually prevent infection.

Comment from: HARISH, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

It all started when I was eating dry rusk during summer. I tried every trick, suggested by relatives but only with temporary result. The hiccups troubled me for two weeks. It gave way when I was drowsy due to lack of sleep and when I was strained due to brisk walking. I approached two physicians who diagnosed it as the result of gastritis. But the medicine they prescribed did not help me. One of my relatives told me to practice yoga mudra to tame hyperactive vagus nerve. Another doctor relative suggested an antibiotic Metrogyl tablet, for five days. I tried both at the same time. At last! My hiccup vanished in two days. Never returned again.

Comment from: LAMB50, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 13

I have been suffering with peripheral neuropathy for 4 years and the stabbing, tingling, throbbing, crawling sensations and intermittent numbness have been horrible, but I didn't want to take things like Lyrica with all the side effects. Anyway I went on to a website and it suggested alpha-lipoic acid, so I bought some that was GMP (good manufacturing practices) approved 300 mg at USD 14. It worked! Since the second day I have been 99 percent pain free. I rarely have a quick sensation and then it is over. I researched it thoroughly and it is natural and without side effects. I just want to share in case someone else can also get relief without hard drugs.

Comment from: Shar, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 24

I have had two atrial fibrillation attacks and on April 5 I'm having cardio ablation. I'm a little nervous about it but I think I'm in good hands and hope like crazy that it cuts down the number of palpitations that I get. It seems that I get many palpitations at night. Go figure, I'm not putting any stress on the heart of course but it really jumps around. By morning when I awake, I don't feel the palpitations. It all began with hyperthyroidism. I really want to get off the medicines (metoprolol and digoxin) that I'm on, I'll have to use the blood thinner forever. I'm female, 55.

Comment from: daisy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 16

I have neuropathy of feet and lower legs. My legs are very sensitive to touch, and my left leg is very cold at night and turning a strange reddish blue color. My doctor feels that the cause is circulation. No advice on what to do. Past few nights big toe seems to be getting a darkish gray color.

Comment from: Emma, 45-54 Female Published: February 18

In my 74 years, I have always found a hot water soak to help all infections. It relieves the pain as well.

Peripheral Neuropathy - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with peripheral neuropathy.