- Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy Slideshow
- Diabetes and Foot Problems Slideshow
- Diabetic Neuropathy Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Patient Comments: Peripheral Neuropathy - Experience
- Patient Comments: Peripheral Neuropathy - Symptoms
- Find a local Neurologist in your town
Quick GuideDiabetic Peripheral Neuropathy Slideshow: Exercises to Improve Diabetes Nerve Pain
Can peripheral neuropathy be prevented?
Certain forms of peripheral neuropathy can be prevented. For example, avoiding alcohol toxicity, getting shingles vaccinations, avoiding heavy metal toxicity, and aggressively treating diabetes are all measures that can help prevent the development of peripheral neuropathy resulting from these causes.
Medically reviewed by Joseph Carcione, DO; American board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Braunwald, Eugene, et al. Harrisons's Principles of Internal Medicine. 15th ed. McGraw-Hill, 2001.