Patient Comments: PLMD - Symptoms

Describe the symptoms associated with your PLMD.

Comment from: daisy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

I am not sure if is normal or not. My periodic limb movement disorder (PLMD) was happening occasionally but seems to be more frequent now and symptoms feel stronger even scary at times. Sometimes just before sleep I have movement sensations, and jerk of the whole body as if I have fallen off an escalator. Other times it is on the left side; my leg jerks and wakes me up. I have had occasions where it feels like my whole body has jerked/maybe lifted from the bed, only for seconds but very strong and more profound left sided head to toe down side of head, arm, leg and foot. Even my partner has woken up and seen/felt it occurring on me. I have dismissed it as normal but it can be quite scary and difficult then to fall back to sleep lately.

PLMD - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with PLMD.
PLMD - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your PLMD?
PLMD - What to Avoid Question: If you've been diagnosed with PLMD, what types of foods, beverages, or medications do you avoid?