cancer cells from growing. But there is not enough information to know if perillyl alcohol has this effect in people.
In this Article
diarrhea or constipation, fatigue, and headache. Higher doses are more likely to cause more side effects.
There is one report each of pancreatitis, increased bilirubin (which is a measure of liver function), increased white blood cell count, and low potassium levels in people taking perillyl alcohol.
Many people who take perillyl alcohol have to stop because the side effects are not tolerable.
Do not take perillyl alcohol if:
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions