Patient Comments: Pericarditis - Symptoms and Signs

What symptoms and signs did you experience with your pericarditis?

Comment from: Ceruleanblue312, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 04

Sharp pain on breathing in or leaning back, had pain in chest as well as sharp pain in throat. Pain was eased by sitting up or very slightly forward. I have had at least 3 recurrances of pericarditis since the initial instance but much less severe.

Comment from: guscabs, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 01

I have had pericarditis 4 times in a year, first one started back in February 09 and to the present day. Last week I was in hospital for 2 nights. Last Thursday I was sent home, with a lot of tablets, and to finish the course. Today on 1.2.2011, I still have it in my system, all last week, I was pumped full of pain killers, this condition does last for a while, getting totally fed up with this.

Comment from: caleb28525, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: November 21

I am dealing with an unknown situation now. In May of 2011 I had fluid in the pleural area of my left lung had to be drained with a Pleurx tube and this past October my right side had a tube in the lung to drain off fluid. Both times the fluid tests yielded no bacteria or viral infections but blood counts on both white and red were high. Then this past Monday I had trouble breathing and the center of my chest hurt. I went into ER and was admitted straight to the ICU. There they found I had the heart fluid was inflamed but still no known cause. I talked with the doctors and they said the issue with my lungs and heart is related and I could have Lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, or any number of things. We are now undergoing extensive lab testing.

Pericarditis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with pericarditis.
Pericarditis - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment or procedures did you or a relative receive for pericarditis?
Pericarditis - Causes Question: Did an inflammatory disease or infection cause your pericarditis? What was the cause?