Patient Comments: Peptic Ulcer - Symptoms

What were your symptoms of your peptic ulcer?

Comment from: salty, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

I had a duodenal bleeding ulcer about 28 years ago. It was horrible; I am suffering the same symptoms now. Do I run to the emergency room again? It is very painful, the same nausea, burping, pain in my upper and lower abdomen, and bloating pain right through my back. I am a 51 yr old woman.

Comment from: fitter, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 09

My partner has a peptic ulcer. He has had this for about eight years. He gets very sick twice a year with rapid weight loss. He is waiting for a hospital appointment.

Comment from: jimsd, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: September 12

Stomach ache comes back 30-45 minutes after eating. Also, I pass more gas than usual. Belching is more common, but there is less burning sensation in esophagus than I have had in the past.

Comment from: lindagordon56, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 22

My ulcer attack started after drinking coffee one morning. My stomach felt like it was being strangled. Sitting put pressure on it and was very uncomfortable.

Published: July 16

I am awaiting surgery for my ulcer, I have just had a blood transfusion (6 pints), have experienced extreme stomach pain, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, weight loss, no energy or strength. I am a 33 year old male, my condition was caused from taking high doses of Neurofen Plus.

Comment from: Bryan, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 14

I have a burning in my chest and I have a few years ago had an ulcer which burst. I also have a sore throat and my breath smells of fish.

Peptic Ulcer - Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments did you receive for your peptic ulcer?
Peptic Ulcer - Causes Question: In your opinion, what was the cause of a peptic ulcer in you, a friend, or relative?
Peptic Ulcer - Complications Question: Did you experience any complications with your peptic ulcer? Please share your story.