- Take the Tummy Trouble Quiz
- Boost Digestive Health
- Digestive System Problem Foods
- Patient Comments: Peptic Ulcer - Symptoms
- Patient Comments: Peptic Ulcer - Treatments
- Patient Comments: Peptic Ulcer - Causes
- Patient Comments: Peptic Ulcer - Complications
- Find a local Gastroenterologist in your town
Quick GuideHealthy Eating: Super Steps to Boost Digestive Health
Peptic ulcer summary
With modern treatment, patients with ulcer disease can lead normal lives without lifestyle changes or dietary restrictions. Cigarette smokers have been found to have more complications from ulcers and treatment failure. Eradication of the bacteria H. pylori not only heals ulcers but also prevents the recurrence of ulcer disease.
Medically reviewed by a Board-Certified Family Practice Physician
MedscapeReference. Peptic Ulcer Disease.