Peptic Ulcer Index
Peptic or stomach ulcers are ulcers are an ulcer in the lining of the stomach, duodenum, or esophagus. Ulcer formation is related to
H. pylori bacteria in the stomach, use of anti-inflammatory medications, and
Symptoms of peptic or stomach ulcers include:
- Abdominal burning or hunger pain
- Abdominal discomfort after meals
Treatment for stomach ulcers depends upon the cause.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Picture of Stomach
The stomach is a muscular sac located on the left side of the upper abdomen. See a picture of the Stomach and learn more about...learn more »
Gastritis is an inflammation of the stomach lining. Causes of gastritis include drinking too much alcohol, medications such as...learn more »
Colon cancer is a malignancy that arises from the inner lining of the colon. Most, if not all, of these cancers develop from...learn more »
In This Article
Colon Cancer Article
- Colon cancer facts
- What is cancer?
- What is cancer of the colon and rectum?
- What are the causes and risk factors of colon cancer?
- What are the signs and symptoms of colon cancer?
- What tests can be done to detect and diagnose colon cancer?
- What are the stages of colon cancer?
- What are the treatments and survival rates for colon cancer?
- What is the follow-up care for colon cancer?
- What is the prognosis for patients with colorectal cancer?
- Is it possible to prevent colon cancer?
In This Article
GERD (Acid Reflux, Heartburn) Article
- GERD (acid reflux) facts
- What is GERD or acid reflux?
- What causes GERD (acid reflux)?
- What are the symptoms of uncomplicated GERD?
- What are the complications of GERD?
- How is GERD or acid reflux diagnosed and evaluated?
- Symptoms and procedures to diagnose GERD
- GERD (acid reflux) tests
- How is GERD (acid reflux) treated?
- Lifestyle changes and GERD (acid reflux) diet
- GERD (acid reflux) medications
- GERD surgery
- What is a reasonable approach to the management of GERD (acid reflux)?
- What are the unresolved issues in GERD (acid reflux)?
In This Article
Indigestion (Dyspepsia, Upset Stomach) Article
- Indigestion definition (dyspepsia) and facts
- What is indigestion (dyspepsia)?
- What are the signs and symptoms of indigestion (dyspepsia)?
- Is burping (belching) a symptom of indigestion?
- How long does indigestion (dyspepsia) last?
- What causes indigestion (dyspepsia)?
- How is indigestion (dyspepsia) diagnosed?
- What natural or home remedies are used to treat dyspepsia (indigestion)?
- What treatments relieve and cure indigestion (dyspepsia)?
- Diet and indigestion
- Pro-motility medication for indigestion
- Antidepressants for indigestion
- Psychological treatments for indigestion
- Smooth muscle relaxants for indigestion
- Which specialties of doctors treat indigestion (dyspepsia)?
- What are the complications of indigestion (dyspepsia)?
- What can a person expect during the diagnosis and treatment of indigestion (prognosis)?
- What other diseases or conditions mimic indigestion (dyspepsia)?
- What research is ongoing for treatments to cure indigestion (dyspepsia)?