OVERDOSE: If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call the US national poison hotline at 1-800-222-1222. Canadian residents should call their local poison control center directly. Symptoms of overdose may include agitation, confusion, unconsciousness, tremors, hallucinations, or seizures.
NOTES: This medication has been prescribed for your current condition only. Do not use it later for another infection or give it to someone else. A different medication may be necessary
MISSED DOSE: If you should miss a dose, use it as soon as remembered unless it is almost time for the next dose. If it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not "double-up" the dose.
STORAGE: This medication must be stored properly. Review storage instruction with your doctor or pharmacist. Intravenous bags are to be stored in the refrigerator. Let a refrigerated bag sit at room temperature at least one hour before using. Check expiration date before using. Store vial at room temperature away from sunlight.
Last Editorial Review: 3/2/2005
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions