penicillin v potassium-oral solids Index
Penicillin V potassium (Beepen-VK, Penicillin VK, V-Cillin-K, Veetids) is an antibiotic prescribed to treat a variety of infections such as the respiratory tract, middle ear, skin, sinuses, and soft tissues. Penicillin V potassium also is prescribed to prevent rheumatic fever. Side effects, drug interactions, patient safety, storage, and dosage information should be reviewed prior to taking this medication.
Cellulitis is an acute spreading bacterial infection below the surface of the skin characterized by redness, warmth,...learn more »
Strep throat (Group A, beta hemolytic, streptococcus pyogene, GAS) bacterial infection of the throat. Signs and symptoms of strep...learn more »
Pneumonia is inflammation of the lungs caused by fungi, bacteria, or viruses. Symptoms and signs include cough, fever, shortness...learn more »
In This Article
Clostridium Difficile Colitis (Antibiotic-Associated Colitis, C. difficile colitis) Article
- Clostridium difficile (C. difficile) facts
- What is Clostridium difficile (C. difficile?)
- What Clostridium difficile colitis?
- How does Clostridium difficile cause colitis?
- What are the symptoms of Clostridium difficile colitis?
- Which antibiotics cause Clostridium difficile colitis?
- How is Clostridium difficile colitis diagnosed?
- How is Clostridium difficile colitis treated?
- Why are there relapses of Clostridium difficile colitis?
- How are relapses of Clostridium difficile colitis treated?
- What is new in Clostridium difficile?