penicillin v potassium-oral solids Index
Penicillin V potassium (Beepen-VK, Penicillin VK, V-Cillin-K, Veetids) is an antibiotic prescribed to treat a variety of infections such as the respiratory tract, middle ear, skin, sinuses, and soft tissues. Penicillin V potassium also is prescribed to prevent rheumatic fever. Side effects, drug interactions, patient safety, storage, and dosage information should be reviewed prior to taking this medication.
Cellulitis is an acute spreading bacterial infection below the surface of the skin characterized by redness, warmth,...learn more »
Listeria is a type of bacteria that can cause food poisoning. Listeriosis symptoms include diarrhea, nausea and fever. Pregnant...learn more »
In This Article
- Listeriosis (Listeria monocytogenes infection) facts
- What is listeriosis? What causes listeriosis?
- What are listeriosis symptoms and signs?
- What are the risk factors for listeriosis?
- How is listeriosis diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for listeriosis?
- How does a person get listeriosis?
- Can listeriosis be prevented?
- What is the prognosis (outcome) for Listeria infections?
- If a person has eaten recalled food potentially contaminated with Listeria, what should he or she do?
- What is the government doing about listeriosis?
Strep throat (Group A, beta hemolytic, streptococcus pyogene, GAS) bacterial infection of the throat. Signs and symptoms of strep...learn more »
Pneumonia is inflammation of the lungs caused by fungi, bacteria, or viruses. Symptoms and signs include cough, fever, shortness...learn more »