penicillin V (phenoxymethyl penicillin) Index
Penicillin V (Veetids ,Pen-Vee-K is no longer available in the U.S.) are antibiotics prescribed to treat infections from a variety of bacteria that causes infections of the middle ear, tonsils, throat, bronchitis, pneumonia, urinary tract, and gonorrhea. Side effects, drug interactions, dosage, and pregnancy safety should be reviewed prior to taking any medication.
Inflammation of the inner lining of the colon is referred to as colitis. Symptoms of the inflammation of the colon lining include...learn more »
Bronchitis is inflammation of the airways in the lung. Acute bronchitis is is short in duration (10 to 20 days) in comparison...learn more »
Strep throat (Group A, beta hemolytic, streptococcus pyogene, GAS) bacterial infection of the throat. Signs and symptoms of strep...learn more »
Pneumonia is inflammation of the lungs caused by fungi, bacteria, or viruses. Symptoms and signs include cough, fever, shortness...learn more »
In This Article
Clostridium Difficile Colitis (Antibiotic-Associated Colitis, C. difficile colitis) Article
- Clostridium difficile (C. difficile) facts
- What is Clostridium difficile (C. difficile?)
- What Clostridium difficile colitis?
- How does Clostridium difficile cause colitis?
- What are the symptoms of Clostridium difficile colitis?
- Which antibiotics cause Clostridium difficile colitis?
- How is Clostridium difficile colitis diagnosed?
- How is Clostridium difficile colitis treated?
- Why are there relapses of Clostridium difficile colitis?
- How are relapses of Clostridium difficile colitis treated?
- What is new in Clostridium difficile?