Patient Comments: Pelvic Inflammatory Disease - Symptoms

Please describe your symptoms of pelvic inflammatory disease.

Comment from: brittanypowell, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: August 17

I was recently told I have PID and I'm only 17 and it scared me and my boyfriend because I thought I was pregnant because I had nausea, decrease in appetite, and minor lower stomach pain one night. the next morning I woke up crying cause I was in so much pain I could hardly move I ended up falling on my way to the restroom cause I felt like I was going to vomit, but got to dizzy before I got there I had to call 911 to get me to the hospital where I found out I have two cysts on my ovaries and I have PID and I might not be able to have kids which is depressing to me and my boyfriend, but we are still trying to find a way to get around the pain and we are still talking to the doctor for help.

Comment from: sososad, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 27

I was diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) three days ago. I had all of the symptoms: bleeding in between periods, chronic pelvic pain, discharge, etc. I also was checked and have no STDs. But my boyfriend spoke to his doctor about this, and we realized it came from us having anal sex. It was my first time, and I didn't know that you're not supposed to go back and forth without having the man "clean himself off." So, the bacteria went through my uterus. If you have anal sex, make sure he cleans himself.

Comment from: gdfhjfg, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 26

I am 19 and was recently diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). My doctor kept telling me it was stress or cramps or constipation making my stomach hurt. I got a new doctor. They diagnosed me with bacterial vaginosis and later realized I actually had PID. I'm absolutely distraught to think I might not be able to have children. If you have any stomach pain get it checked out ASAP. Also, I didn't have any symptoms whatsoever except the pain in my stomach.

Comment from: Mrs Chavis, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 26

I have pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), and it's very unnoticeable. It's like one day I wasn't feeling well, and I woke up with a fever and a headache that was out of this world. I went to the hospital, and they told me that I have PID. They gave me medication, and it's OK, I guess. I have to follow up with my primary doctor and see if it was caused by my abortion I had earlier this year because I don't have the two STDs they say it comes from. I was tested for those in the hospital.

Comment from: AJB, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

The symptoms I had of pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) were mainly stomach pain and a diminished appetite. I had no discharge, bleeding or any of the other symptoms mentioned. My episode was caused by the bacteria from my skin and an STI. I should also mention that I am nearly 40 and not in the more vulnerable under 25 group.

Comment from: andi0517, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 30

I was diagnosed with PID almost exactly a year ago. Since then I have had it going on the 3rd time. I was extremely confused as to how I got this becuase I did/do not have an STI. My general doctor never figured out what was wrong with me after 2 months of going in to see her. FInally I went to a walk in and the Dr. figured it out in the first 5 minutes. She said I may be getting it simply because of stress but now I'm concerned because this is the 3rd time in a year. I am going to see the doctor again on Friday. Is there any reason for chronic PID?

Comment from: Kp, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 09

The only thing I can say is that I am in so much pain! Pain meds don't even numb it. I can't seem to get away from it and it's ruining my life. I just want to curl into a ball and cry. I've suffered for 5 months seeing different doctors. Finally I tested positive for chlamydia but after treatment my symptoms are still present. Now I'm on yet another round of antibiotics for pid. And if it is pid I just want to say to all my fellow sufferers, I understand the pain and if you feel like you're rotting from the inside out you're not alone.

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease - Treatments Question: What treatment has been effective for your pelvic inflammatory disease?
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease - Risks Question: If you had pelvic inflammatory disease, did you have any behavior or lifestyle choices that put you at risk?
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease - Diagnosis Question: Please discuss the tests and procedures that led to a diagnosis of pelvic inflammatory disease.
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease - Infertility Question: Was your infertility caused by pelvic inflammatory disease? Please share your story.
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease - Experience Question: Please share your experience with PID.