Patient Comments: Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia - Diagnosis

How was your paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia diagnosed?

Comment from: megababe, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

My paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia was diagnosed via emergency room. My heart was beating so fast, I couldn't breathe. They had to give me medicine and I was immediately rushed into surgery to have an ablation. I have been symptom free for 12 years now. I no longer see a cardiologist. I was bowling, and really not exerting anything physically, but I just all of a sudden felt my heart beat faster than normal. I ended up finishing the school day, even spent a couple of hours at my grandma's before my mom realized something was wrong. I was taken to the emergency room and then the story is above. I was 16 years old and a very active young adult.

Comment from: Blondie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 06

I had fast heartbeat occasionally. Sometimes I could feel my heartbeat. Twice I woke up and my bedroom was spinning excessively. I wore a 24 hour device for diagnosis of my paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia.

Comment from: TeresaSK, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 18

My experience started at a young age, I had two incidences about which I never said anything to my parent and again at 17 and I never said anything. Life went on and I had absolutely no problem until I hit 42 - under extreme stress the heart took off. I went to my doctor and he sent me to the hospital. It was found that I had scar tissue on my heart. I have been on verapamil since that day. I have had breakthroughs even on medication, usually only under undue stress. It is very frightening and there really is nothing that can be done - I know I need to see a cardiologist about it, and someday soon I will.

Comment from: oldie, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: September 11

My diagnosis was based on a 24-hour holster one month ago. Previously I had three stress tests. Two on the treadmill showed excellent results. A third with dobutamine, showed a probable trivascular block. I also had several ECG and echocardiograms. A stent was placed in RCA, 95% block, May 2010. None of these brought any mention of PSVT. Rythmol was added to my daily 6.25 Coreg and aspirin and Crestor. There is probably no connection, but the worst of my many continuing symptoms is that I haven't slept a full night in three years due to two or three hot sweats or chills lasting up to or over one hour.

Comment from: chaitri banerjee, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 23

The first time i felt it like a HEART ATTACK. I was taken to hospital, ECG was done. Everything was normal, fine. After 2 months i faced it again. Doctor diagnosed it as PSVT.

Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia - Treatment Question: Have you ever been treated for paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia? What treatment did you receive?
Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience with paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia?