Patient Comments: Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia - Treatment

Have you ever been treated for paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia? What treatment did you receive?

Comment from: sini, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 18

I am now 38 years old I had PSVT (paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia) at the age of 25 after the fifth day of my marriage. In the morning when I was taking bath I felt something empty in the chest and my heart beat increased and I felt a little tired. But I didn"t take care. At night vomiting started and I was taken to the hospital early morning and DC shock was given. After that I have had 6 episodes of PSVT and I am now taking beta blocker only. Regular check up with the cardiologist is going on.

Comment from: hennhouse, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 08

I am newly diagnosed with paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia. This is my first week of beta-blocker therapy.

Comment from: Iva, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 29

I have had several episodes over the last 20 years (about 15 episodes I'd say). Doesn't seem to matter time of day or activity. I have been at work, watching TV, playing cards, or just walking through a store. My heart have been anywhere from 160 to 222. Sometimes the valsalvas stops the episode. When it doesn't, I call 911 for transport to a hospital. In actuality, the EMT's give me a dose of Adenazine, which basically stops the heart and then kick starts it again at a normal rhythm. This is the scarey part! So far it has restarted, but it always makes me nervous! My last episode was early yesterday morning. The 1st time ever it woke me from sleep. I am seriously thinking about having an ablation done. I have a follow up apt. with my cardiologist on Wed. and intend to ask what is involved with an ablation.

Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience with paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia?
Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia - Diagnosis Question: How was your paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia diagnosed?