Patient Comments: Parkinson's Disease - Prognosis

Parkinson's is not a fatal disease. What is the prognosis for you, a friend, or relative?

Comment from: Nancy, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: June 14

I have Parkinsons-like symptoms. I had Encephalitis at age 9. I was diagnosed with Peripheral Neuropathy about 16 years ago. I wonder whether I have Post-Encephalitis syndrome and whether these diseases are inter-related in any way. I read somewhere that Post-Encephalitis lead to clinical Parkinson's. My symptoms also seem to mirror MS and ALS.

Parkinson's Disease - Symptoms Question: At what age did Parkinson's symptoms first appear, and what are they?
Parkinson's Disease - Treatments Question: What do you do to treat and manage your Parkinson's disease?
Parkinson's Disease - Diagnosis Question: At what stage was your Parkinson's disease diagnosed?