Patient Comments: Pancreatic Cysts - Diagnosis

How were your pancreatic cysts diagnosed?

Comment from: sherri, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 04

I am a 33 year old female who just had my gallbladder out in November and the doctors also discovered a cyst on my pancreas. They called me today and said I have to have another scan done. I do get a lot of pain in my stomach on the right side all the time; it goes into my ribs and it hurts really badly, sometimes it takes my breath away. I also get constipated even before having my gallbladder removed.

Comment from: Amanda, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 31

I had labyrinthitis last July 2015. I was walking my dog and suddenly out of the blue I couldn't carry on to get home as I felt the world was moving. I had to call out for help, luckily someone heard me and helped me and my dog back home. I then had this for 2 months where I couldn't step out of my home and everyday chores were difficult. I thought I was stuck with it! A horrible debilitating illness. It did eventually subside but even now I feel very anxious about going out. Some days are worse than others and I seem to need to chew humbugs wherever I go; not good for teeth or tum but it does help.

Comment from: gail w., 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 19

I have had 3 or 4 pancreatic attacks. I'm experiencing constant pain in my right midline below the right front ribs. The pain goes from the front to the back and to the right at times. MRI shows that I have 3 liver cysts, and 2 small pancreatic cysts with a slightly dilated pancreatic duct. I have bruising on my right side of my hip area and have had no falls or bumps on that side, and one of my glands on the right side of my neck is swollen. My red blood cells are low, 12 to 14 range.

Comment from: Jes, Female (Patient) Published: November 05

I am 35 years old and was having what I thought were severe gas pains. I put off going to hospital for six hours when I just couldn't take it anymore. After being admitted and having ultra and CAT scan, I was told I had pseudo cyst on my pancreas. Later I had endoscopic ultra-scan and found out it is a mucinous cystic neoplasm on the tail of my pancreas, quite large! I am now awaiting surgery to have distal pancreatectomy and splenectomy. The neoplasm is as far as we know non-malignant but is pre-cancerous hence the surgery. Just want this taken care of. I constantly have fullness feeling and dull aching in upper abdomen including some back pain. I also have been very gassy for some time!

Comment from: robert, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 28

I went undiagnosed for almost 3 years. Once confirmed as scabies I took weekly treatments at first with Nix cream and then ended up doing 5 daily treatments with Nix to get rid of it. Three months and it was gone. I figured I picked it up from a hotel I stayed at. I heard later it had some kind of infestation. I'm not sure why doctors took so long to diagnose it. It would have saved me years of suffering.

Comment from: Florida, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 15

On June 20 I had a lumbar laminectomy and microdiscectomy on L2 L3. I'm three weeks out and I get a vice grip pain in my left leg in the morning upon waking. I'm worried I injured the back directly after surgery. In the hospital I had a difficult time urinating and strained quite a bit to empty my bladder. I am feeling discouraged.

Comment from: Vivian, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 05

In April 2015 I was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver and had a close to dead episode, but I never drink alcohol, and there is no hereditary factor. Apparently it was the consequence of the flu I had for too long, and a urine infection that get worse. My immune system couldn't take it, and attacked my liver, creating a liver failure, and now I have cirrhosis. It is important to check and follow with your doctor.

Pancreatic Cysts - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms associated with pancreatic cysts?
Pancreatic Cysts - Types Question: Were you diagnosed with an inflammatory or non-inflammatory pancreatic cyst? Please share your experience.
Pancreatic Cysts - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, surgery, or medication did you receive for your pancreatic cyst?