Patient Comments: Pancreatic Cysts - Diagnosis

How were your pancreatic cysts diagnosed?

Comment from: mspip, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 02

I had this miserable scabies for over a month before I went to doctor. I used neem oil and neem soap but saw little improvement. I was given prescription for permethrin cream a week ago today. It is still itching and I have read information from clinic which says it may keep itching for two weeks or more after treatment. Do not order an online ointment which I did, a really convincing ad and it was guaranteed or money back. I am sending it back today. Three places are the worst; abdomen, upper chest, and back of left hand. A bit unsightly but all can be covered with clothing except the hand. It seems that it came from a motel which looked clean, but a few weeks later I got scabies.

Comment from: Agatina, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: August 11

I had an MRI one year ago for breathing problems and they saw this cyst where the tail of the pancreas begins. It was either 1.1 centimeters or 11 centimeters. My follow-up MRI for this is in four days.

Comment from: carolyn4lyf, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 14

I still don't know what I have, it's been 4 years. I had pain first and I was told it was a cyst in my liver. After a CT scan it's a 5 cm growth in the inside of my pancreas. In the meanwhile I had 5 endoscopies. I was pregnant at 20 weeks, and they cut me open to look at it and said I need an abortion, but I said no. It grew vesicular arteries so surgery is not an option. I gave up and just stopped going to doctors, when they can't tell me what I've got.

Comment from: Redhead, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

I am a healthy 24-year-old woman and have never consumed alcohol. I've had dull pain in my stomach area for months off and on and brushed it off as not eating enough. Last week the pain intensified immensely and ended up in the emergency room with pain all across my stomach. All of my blood work was perfect. The pain eventually subsided to just my left side so the doctor ordered a cat scan and they found a cyst in the tail of my pancreas.

Comment from: atbruno498, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 06

I am a 31 year old, healthy female. I was admitted to the ER with abdominal pain, yellowing of the skin and nausea. They performed a CT scan, because appendicitis was suspected. No appendicitis, but they did find a 26mm by 27mm "cyst" in the body of my pancreas. After undergoing an endoscopic ultrasound and biopsy, they found that it was in fact a mucinous cyst, and that it was pre-cancerous. I then met with a Surgical Oncologist, who advised me that I would need to undergo a subtotal pancreatectomy, as well as a splenectomy, as the tumor was pressing on the artery that fed into the spleen.

Comment from: mbriseno, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

Dr ordered a CT scan to check for kidney stones. No stones were found but they did find a 2.6cm cyst on the body/tail junction of my pancreas. Had a contrast CT 3 days later, the radiologist said that he suspected that it was either a pseudo cyst or a simple cyst but a neoplasm could not be ruled out through that imaging so I had to see a specialist. I decided to cut through the red tape & immediately made an appointment with a surgical oncologist who specializes in pancreatic/liver cancers. Met with him 2 weeks after my initial scan and he says that he is also pretty sure that it is a benign simple cyst, I am going for an MRI just to be sure. As long as the MRI is good, the oncologist says he will monitor me for a year & if the cyst doesn't change we will just leave it alone and move on down the road.

Comment from: homeschool mom, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 24

I had a dull pain and pressure in my right side in the front and back. I had white cells and a trace amount of blood in my urine spec. I was sent for an ultrasound where it was discovered that I had a pancreatic cyst measuring 1.5 centimeters in addition to an ovarian cyst. I will be going for a CT scan to clarify.

Pancreatic Cysts - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms associated with pancreatic cysts?
Pancreatic Cysts - Types Question: Were you diagnosed with an inflammatory or non-inflammatory pancreatic cyst? Please share your experience.
Pancreatic Cysts - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, surgery, or medication did you receive for your pancreatic cyst?