Patient Comments: Pancreatic Cysts - Treatment

What kinds of treatment, surgery, or medication did you receive for your pancreatic cyst?

Comment from: DLU, Male (Patient) Published: March 05

I had a CT for kidney stones, when they found the cysts on the pancreas. They were mucinous cysts. I had to have tail, body, and neck of pancreas removed, as well as the spleen. The cysts were all precancerous, although my tumor markers were very high. Now I have yearly CT scans to check for cyst on the pancreas head, because I am at high risk for the cysts to reoccur. Although I have to watch my blood sugar levels closely, I am doing very well.

Comment from: Lizzi, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 13

I have a cyst on the tail of my pancreas. I am going to have the cyst, spleen and gallbladder removed. The doctor says it's not cancer.

Comment from: Millie C., 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: November 17

On my discharge papers from the hospital it was noted by the attending doctor as follows: need PCP (phencyclidine) to follow up pancreatic cysts. May need MRCP (magnetic resonance cholangio-pancreatography).

Comment from: dancer 34, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 28

My friend has a mass on the pancreas called columnar cell – I can't find anything about it. First, they said it was atypical cells. He had a CT scan, ultrasound, and other tests. The mass is about 3 inches and doctors are recommending surgery.

Pancreatic Cysts - Diagnosis Question: How were your pancreatic cysts diagnosed?
Pancreatic Cysts - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms associated with pancreatic cysts?
Pancreatic Cysts - Types Question: Were you diagnosed with an inflammatory or non-inflammatory pancreatic cyst? Please share your experience.