Patient Comments: Pancreatic Cancer - Prognosis

What is the prognosis for your pancreatic cancer? How are you dealing with it?

Comment from: Zookeeper., 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 10

I am currently diagnosed with stage 1A endocrine pancreatic cancer. I have read about early treatment in the form of surgery (the Whipple procedure). However, because my two spots on body and tail are small (mm not cm) I would like to know if not doing any type of treatment for now would be more harmful in the long run. In the past year I have had surgery, chemo and radiation for cancer in my tonsil. The chemo and radiation really took a toll on me and I was a strong individual prior to the treatment. I have been a lifelong smoker, but quit after cancer was discovered in my tonsil.

Pancreatic Cancer - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your pancreatic cancer?
Pancreatic Cancer - Causes Question: What do you suspect are the causes of your pancreatic cancer?
Pancreatic Cancer - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms associated with pancreatic cancer in you, a friend, or relative?