Patient Comments: Pancreatic Cancer - Prognosis

What is the prognosis for your pancreatic cancer? How are you dealing with it?

Comment from: Wife, Female (Caregiver) Published: June 19

My husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer two years ago. He had symptoms two years prior to his diagnosis, of backache, fullness, stomachache and light headed ness, faintness. He has had chemotherapy and radiation, went into remission for 6 months but it returned. He is going into his 2nd year of Gemzar and the cancerous tumor continues to shrink. The chemotherapy is tough on him and his quality of life. They say he is in the elite 10 survival rate, but we need different treatment options! I fear it will be the chemotherapy that kills him. By the way, his markers have never shown cancer.

Comment from: t, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I have lesions in the body of my pancreas, also a larger lesion on my spleen too. I have had no treatment or surgeries. I am worried about what I should do.

Comment from: Zookeeper., 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 10

I am currently diagnosed with stage 1A endocrine pancreatic cancer. I have read about early treatment in the form of surgery (the Whipple procedure). However, because my two spots on body and tail are small (mm not cm) I would like to know if not doing any type of treatment for now would be more harmful in the long run. In the past year I have had surgery, chemo and radiation for cancer in my tonsil. The chemo and radiation really took a toll on me and I was a strong individual prior to the treatment. I have been a lifelong smoker, but quit after cancer was discovered in my tonsil.

Pancreatic Cancer - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your pancreatic cancer?
Pancreatic Cancer - Causes Question: What do you suspect are the causes of your pancreatic cancer?
Pancreatic Cancer - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms associated with pancreatic cancer in you, a friend, or relative?