Patient Comments: Pancreas Divisum - Symptoms

What were your symptoms associated with pancreas divisum?

Comment from: Bud, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 14

I had many serious attacks of pain as I got older. I was hospitalized six times with the pain. The treatments I received in the hospital were basically pain killers. I was told that my gall bladder had to be removed as it was the cause of my pain. Out it went, and after about six months the pain returned. I was referred to a specialist who went in and confirmed the pancreas divisum. He placed me on an enzyme pill which I take with each meal. He also said that only as a last resort was I to allow any surgeon to mess with the divisum. I have not had any pain for five years while taking the enzyme pills. Note: only take enzyme pills made here in the US. Enzyme pills are not reviewed or regulated by the FDA!

Pancreas Divisum - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment or surgery have you received for your pancreas divisum?