Patient Comments: Palpitations - Symptoms

What do your palpitation symptoms feel like?

Comment from: officer, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 20

With palpitations I have sudden racing in the right side of my chest.

Comment from: olga, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 09

My palpitations feel like skipping sensations and at times when I'm at rest it feels like my heart wants to stop. I feel most of my palpitations when I'm at rest. Sometimes they feel like someone is pounding on my chest. I get up right away. It feels like my heart skips a beat then it continues with a heartbeat. One cardiologist told me that I will need a pacemaker one day. I had a heart attack 25 years ago. I'm tired most of the time.

Comment from: sansav, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I've been getting palpitations with shortness of breath for the past three days. I feel panicky. It happens off and on during the day. I also have a history of low blood pressure.

Palpitations - Treatment Question: What kind of treatment are you receiving for your palpitations?
Palpitations - Time Question: Do you get palpitations after eating, after exercise, or when lying down?
Palpitations - Causes Question: What kind of palpitations do you get and what's the cause?