Patient Comments: Pain Management - Causes

What was/is the cause of your pain?

Comment from: mmcangel626, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 20

I have fibromyalgia and all the traditional treatments do not work for me and I have adverse effects to potent pain medications. I finally found a doctor who put me on Dilaudid and it works. Howeever, I am trying to put together a team of doctors to work with me and now I am left hanging. The Rheumatologist foisted my treatment to a primary doctor, whoever they may be for my insurance does not have a doctor who understands my condition and my history. They all know best regardless of my history, they want to put me on Lyrica, etc., again.

Comment from: allenfor5, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 12

I have had lower back and hip pain for a year now and after going to 3 doctors. One finally told me I had deteriorating discs and an exposed nerve in my lower back. I just have taken my last series of shots in my back. They said they put steroids and some foam stuff to seal around the disc. I worked good for a couple of weeks now it back to the terrible pain I endure.

Comment from: terri143, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 11

I have migraine headaches a few times a week. My major pain is in my back. I have degenerative disc disease and the only thing that allows me to live a live as close to normal as I can. I am taking vicodin, but, I have realized that doctors do not like to give the med that works. I take the as they are prescribed to me. I do not abuse them. I just like to have some kind of life with my grandchildren.

Comment from: Joe, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 15

I have pain in my left buttock that extends down to my knee. Sometimes it goes further down my leg. The pain is awful especially when I run or when I drive long distances in my car or on a plane. I went to a chiropractor for several months he said it was a degenerative disc that was causing this pain but it sounds like sciatica to me. The months of treatment did not make it any better. I am thinking about getting a steroid shot.

Comment from: chronicpain5, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 02

I have chronic back pain, car wrecks, motorcycles stunts, football, and poor posture as a child. I have scoliosis, degenerative disc disease, bone spurs, and in my lower back and neck some discs are deteriorating, and nerves get pinched a lot causing pain in my hips, and my arms and especially my hands to go numb. I'm on 40MG opana ER 2x daily, oxycodone IR 15mg 4x daily, and flexiril 5MG 2x daily. The meds enable me to work all day with minimal pain and my job requires lifting and twisting with over 30LBs repeatedly. I've had epidurals (3) lidocaine injections. The meds work, the injections didn't. My doctor wants me to try a Spinal Cord Stimulator. I'm still unsure about it because it requires minor surgery and a device implanted.

Comment from: shadow1713, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 29

My pain was caused by fibromyalgia, aggravated by chronic dislocated shoulder. Allergic to Morphine, use Lortab10/500 and Soma. Not working very well.

Comment from: nataliem, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

The cause of my pain is a c 5-6 c 6-7 cervical disc herniation. I had a medial nerve block that didn't help the pain much.

Comment from: why not me, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 06

One week ago I began to have pain in the bottom of my stomach it radiated to my left hip then down to lower legs, left and right. I have been diagnosed with Padgett's disease although I have never had a problem with it.

Pain Management - Effective Treatments Question: Please describe the type of pain you suffer from, and what treatments have been effective for the pain.
Pain Management - Nociceptive Pain Question: Please describe the type of nociceptive pain you experience, including additional symptoms.
Pain Management - Neuropathic Pain Question: Describe your neuropathic pain, including associated symptoms.