Patient Comments: Pain Management - Neuropathic Pain

Describe your neuropathic pain, including associated symptoms.

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 05

I have numbness in the feet and legs; slow response in left leg and hot burning of both thighs with the left being the worse. I have muscle cramps under the rib cage wall below T6 which is where a tumor was removed from the spinal cord. Pain builds to the point of not being able to focus on anything but the pain (8-10 range), I can't take Neurontin.

Comment from: Marvin, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: September 04

I have pains around my lower abdomen, kidney, urethra, and testicle system. In September 2010 my kidneys were inflamed. I consulted a doctor and was treated, but I never was as 100% as before. At times I'd have inconsistent not so severe pains especially on the right lower back. I went to the clinic twice for it but it was still persistent and now this year the pain has moved down to my testes. I went to the clinic a month ago but now I still feel the kind of cold (brain freeze) type of pain on my testes. I'm so scared and I need help.

Pain Management - Effective Treatments Question: Please describe the type of pain you suffer from, and what treatments have been effective for the pain.
Pain Management - Causes Question: What was/is the cause of your pain?
Pain Management - Nociceptive Pain Question: Please describe the type of nociceptive pain you experience, including additional symptoms.