Patient Comments: Pain Management - Effective Treatments

Please describe the type of pain you suffer from, and what treatments have been effective for the pain.

Comment from: brushgl, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 09

I have fibromyalgia, and I take 15 mg of time-released Morphine Sulfate two times a day. I also take three Hydrocodone 5/325 a day for breakthrough pain.

Comment from: cookiemac, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 09

After having a severe tick reaction 14 years ago, the pain in my mouth and jaw became unbearable. I have just returned from two weeks in the hospital withdrawing from Morphine, Tramal, etc., and would not have done it had I been told it would take six weeks to recover from unbearable pain and electrifying pain in my feet. I am only on Lyrica plus Mirtazapine at night. I am barely coping.

Comment from: Jaimeez, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 03

I had a breast reduction eight years ago. It has left me with terrible keloid scarring. I have had two different plastic surgeons revise my scars, but they are just as bad as after the first surgery. I have done cortisone shots, and I take Vicodin on a daily basis. They are very painful and the warm weather makes them hurt even more.

Comment from: Dee, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 03

I have suffered from extremely bad stomach pain that is chronic but made worse by eating. It also seems to be accompanied by joint and muscle aches. The only relief I've received in a year was taking Vicodin. I've been having test after test. I had a CT scan and they found a hernia. They want to operate, and I want this to happen, but having had 11 surgeries already in my life, I'm a little scared to go under again.

Comment from: Karina, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 10

I have been in pain for the last 10 years. I was a nurse for over 20 years and was told by a doctor when I was 26 years old "not to go into nursing ". I didn't listen and I am glad that I didn't. I loved my job, but I am now unable to work. I had numerous injections, had a rhizotomy in 17 areas. Nothing has helped so far. At this moment I am on Roxicodone 30 mg 6 tabs a day. It worked for a while, together with 60 mg of Cymbalta, but for the past 6 months I am no good for anything. Not a second, a minute a day goes by, that I am not in pain. I am so tired of my life, I have no enjoyment left. I can't even pick up my 6 months old grand daughter. I am miserable.

Comment from: cinsalot2, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 10

I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and my pain is daily but the degree of pain will change without cause. Some days I can barley support myself long enough on my hands and wrists just to be able to lay down. Some days I can't walk from the bedroom to the bathroom in a 1 bedroom house with crying. Then there are days where with my medications I barley hurt. My pain isn't in one spot, and one spot can be very painful while another barley hurts on the same day.

Comment from: loca2733, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 10

I have constant back pain, cervical, thoracic, lumbar (mostly on right side). I suffer from Hashimoto and hepatitis c virus. I have been given several medications that have not worked. For instance: Fentanyl, several anti-depressants. Nothing seems t be working. Not sure how much more of this I can take. My family is being affected by it greatly.

Comment from: rangerryan, 45-54 Female Published: October 13

I have rotator cuff sprain and torn biceps tendon. I cannot take NSAIDS which can be ideal, but when I take them my BP goes up. My Dr. told me no more NSAIDS because the elevated BP indicates kidney malfunction. So actually I haven't found anything that works. The PT helps but I'm still pretty miserable. It is especially bad at night when I lie down.

Pain Management - Causes Question: What was/is the cause of your pain?
Pain Management - Nociceptive Pain Question: Please describe the type of nociceptive pain you experience, including additional symptoms.
Pain Management - Neuropathic Pain Question: Describe your neuropathic pain, including associated symptoms.