Patient Comments: Pain Management - Effective Treatments

Please describe the type of pain you suffer from, and what treatments have been effective for the pain.

Comment from: realniceguy417, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 19

I have spasms in in my neck. I get Botox shots but they only last about 80 days I can't get next shots for over 100 days, I don't know what I can do in between.

Comment from: wagnic, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 19

I have adhesive arachnoiditis.

Comment from: NCmommakat, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

I am diagnosed with sciatica along with degenerative disc disorder (DDD). I suffered needlessly for years before finally referred to pain management (PM). I have maintained a dose of 30 mg morphine ER twice a day with 10 mg Percocet for breakthrough (BT) pain. Occasionally I switch to a different long acting (LA) medicine and BT medicine to keep dosage low. Pain has never gone but tolerable.

Comment from: Pugmama, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 17

I have had chronic pain for a number of years. The neuropathy was so bad, I just wanted to die. I was on 100 mg fentanyl patches as well as 2700 mg of Neurontin. The pain was mostly bearable for 3 weeks out of 4 with no end in sight. During a long hospital stay, I met a doctor who put me on Methadone, along with the Neurontin. I have been given a new lease on life. I have not had to increase the Methadone dosage in 7 years.

Comment from: Zucchi17, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

I was exposed to toxins for over 3 years and believe it caused neuropathy before I identified the source. At the time I was also exposed to bed bugs and an area with very high allergies. My pain is all in my skin. It causes insomnia, shooting pains, extreme itching and ultra-sensitivity to touch of any kind. I have to sleep with only underwear on, no matter the temperature. Mostly I seldom sleep. The only thing that ever helps is Lyrica, but I can"t afford it, and do not have access to it since I moved from Mexico to USA. I"m also afraid that Lyrica will only mask the problem while it is getting worse, and not cure it. But it does put me to sleep and stop the pain for 12 to 14 hours. I only take it about once a week.

Comment from: trish, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

I have been dealing with RSD (reflex sympathetic dystrophy) for 13 years. I have very bad burning pain in my left foot and leg, caused from a surgery on foot, I can't get any doctors to help me where I live and I'm at my wits end. It has taken over my life. My doctor sent me to a pain clinic, put me on a low dose of Percocet and it doesn't help it, and they make you feel like a druggie at those places.

Comment from: Joe, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 06

I have Crohn's disease. The chronic abdominal pain is unbearable at times. I have been prescribed morphine time release 5mg BID/PRN. We are struggling to find a Crohn's medication that works. I have tried 6MP, Humira and Remicade. The only thing that seems to help is prednisone 20mg and the morphine.

Comment from: ladydee, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I have been diagnosed with severe Crohn"s disease and the pain some days are so bad and unbearable I do not know what to do anymore. I am constantly going to the emergency room and wake up in the middle of the night in pain. The hospital I visit the most looks at me like I am a bother to them when I go. I try my best to follow the instructions of my doctors but nothing seems to be helping my chronic pain. I have many sleepless nights and scared to go anywhere because I do not know when a flare will occur. I am tired of being in pain all the time and being in the hospital. Any ideas will be helpful.

Pain Management - Causes Question: What was/is the cause of your pain?
Pain Management - Nociceptive Pain Question: Please describe the type of nociceptive pain you experience, including additional symptoms.
Pain Management - Neuropathic Pain Question: Describe your neuropathic pain, including associated symptoms.