Patient Comments: Paget's Disease of The Nipple - Symptoms

What were your symptoms of Paget's disease of the nipple?

Comment from: PEGGY, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 22

I had an irregular shaped rough spot on my nipple. My gyno misdiagnosed it as a fungal infection. My dermatologist suggested Paget's disease and sent me to a different gyno. He biopsied it and was surprised that it was Paget's disesase as it is rare and he had never seen a case before. I had a modified radical mastectomy in September 1985. The diagnosis was infiltrating ductal and intraductal carcinoma of the breast, Paget's disease of the nipple, and 22 axillary lymph nodes free of metastatic tumor. I had no further treatment. I am alive and well 27 years later.

Comment from: lcc, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 01

I just had a very small dry spot in the breast and I put Vaseline I get it was very dry, but 1 month went by and still the same but little bit bigger and I call my doctor and send me to do a mammogram and sonogram and it was good, but I got sent to a specialist and I am going to have a biopsy, and see what it is.

Comment from: tomw, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: March 22

Yellowish discharge from the nipple. Spotting of blood on bed sheet one night. A small (.5cm ) lump below the nipple.

Comment from: Letter Carrier, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

I had no symptoms. All of a sudden one day I came home and undressed myself and my nipple was stuck to the inside of my bra. That's how I found out there was a problem. A clear liquid was then present on the surface of my nipple after my shower and the surface of the nipple was kind of raw and red. One day later it was gone. I thought the Neosporin was good for it and that's why it went away, but I was wrong.

Paget Disease of the Breast - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your Paget disease of the breast?
Paget Disease of the Breast - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with Paget disease of the breast.
Paget Disease of the Breast - Diagnosis Question: Please describe the events that led to a diagnosis of Paget disease of the breast.