Patient Comments: Paget Disease of the Breast - Treatment

What was the treatment for your Paget disease of the breast?

Comment from: Edie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

My right nipple became scaly and was sometimes was slightly sticky. One day I noticed the nipple was inverted. Nothing made it reverse so I had a diagnostic mammogram. I had googled my symptoms and Paget's disease of the nipple came up. I wasn't surprised when the radiologist confirmed it. I had a lumpectomy but wasn't satisfied with having to do radiation, so had mastectomy and reconstruction instead. I am pleased with my decision. This was over 2 years ago.

Paget's Disease of The Nipple - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms of Paget's disease of the nipple?
Paget Disease of the Breast - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with Paget disease of the breast.
Paget Disease of the Breast - Diagnosis Question: Please describe the events that led to a diagnosis of Paget disease of the breast.