Patient Comments: Overactive Bladder - Causes

If known, what are the causes of or reasons for your overactive bladder?

Comment from: Vilares, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: March 21

My grandmother has overactive bladder, at least it"s what several doctors said. She as all the symptoms of an overactive bladder but she also has a sensation of burning inside the vagina when urinating, and sometimes she has a sensation of stinging in the bladder as if she had broken pieces of glass stinging the bladder, but then stops. This is consistent with overactive bladder or there"s something that is missing. She has all the urine and blood analyses within the normal parameters, no cells in the urine that might indicate cancer.

Comment from: urine, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 08

I have had an overactive bladder since I was a kid. I go to the bathroom in the middle of the night about three times a night. I urinate at least over eight to times a day maybe more. I don't have a large prostate and I don't have cancer (Please I don't ever want that). I lived through that with my father. One doctor wanted me to take Leviquin. That would do more harm, than good to my body. Just take that anyway. No thank you. I am 47 years old today. I feel 20 years old.

Overactive Bladder - Treatments Question: What treatment has been effective for your overactive bladder?
Overactive Bladder - Diet Question: What types of dietary changes have you made to help your overactive bladder? Does the diet help?
Overactive Bladder - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience with an overactive bladder? How do you deal with it?