Patient Comments: Overactive Bladder - Treatments

Question:What treatment has been effective for your overactive bladder?

Comment from: iatros, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: September 26

For 10 years I have had to get up approximately every hour to micturate. Shortly after developing these symptoms, I had a TUR carried out with no success. Investigations such as cystoscopy and urodynamic studies were normal. The only relief I experienced was when I suffered an attack of herpes zoster and put myself on heavy analgesics. I am medically qualified and suffer from IDDM. Since then when I want a ressonable night's sleep I take a panadene fort and a sleeping tablet. Unfortunately this medication cannot be carried out indefinitely.

Overactive Bladder - Diet Question: What types of dietary changes have you made to help your overactive bladder? Does the diet help?
Overactive Bladder - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience with an overactive bladder? How do you deal with it?
Overactive Bladder - Causes Question: If known, what are the causes of or reasons for your overactive bladder?