With all the choices of over-the-counter (OTC) products available in the marketplace, it is increasingly difficult to select the proper product(s) for you and your family.
To help you in your decision-making process, the MedicineNet.com Doctors and Pharmacists have provided an easy-to-follow format to help you understand which products may work better for specific conditions and how to choose the products that are most appropriate for your needs.
We recommend the following as an excellent resource when you are uncertain of how the ingredients in common over-the-counter remedies may affect the symptoms you want to treat.
- Acne Home Care
- Pain and Fever Medicines
- Athlete's Foot
- Birth Control
- Diabetic Home Care and Monitoring
- Drug Interactions
- Dyspepsia and Heartburn
- Ear Wax
- External Otitis
- Eye Care
- Gas, Flatulence and Bloating
- Hair Loss
- Hemorrhoids and Anal Itching
- Infant Formulas
- Insect Stings and Bites
- Lactose Intolerance
- Laxatives for Constipation
- Menstrual Cramps and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Pain Management Over-The-Counter
- Quitting Smoking
- Sleep Aids and Stimulants
- Sun Protection & Sunscreens
- Weight Loss and Maintenance
- Yeast Vaginitis
- Vitamins and Calcium Supplements
Reference: FDA Prescribing Information
Quick GuidePrescription Drug Abuse: Know The Warning Signs
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.