Patient Comments: Ovarian Cysts - Treatments

What treatment has been effective for your ovarian cysts?

Comment from: Bitten all over., 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

I have found for the intense itching from chiggers that Benadryl gel applied to the affected area stops the itching immediately. After suffering with the intense itching and infected wounds I asked a friend to go to the pharmacy store at the end of my street to pick up some needful. I asked for Benadryl liquid that you take in your mouth and swallow, but she thought I wanted Benadryl gel that you apply on the affected area. I didn't know it existed. I tried it and the intense itching went away immediately. I hope you find this information valuable because I sure did.

Comment from: T.C., 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 10

My jumpy heart, palpitations, dizziness, tiredness and fast heart rate, began all year long in 2015. I then went into the emergency room (ER) the first week in December and I was diagnosed with atrial flutter. I had been given a low dose calcium channel blocker. I then went another time and they increased the dose, along with a high blood pressure medicine and a blood thinner from two cardiologists. I finally had a catheter ablation (after three visits to the ER and medicines not working) on March 1st, 2016. Every day I feel much better.

Comment from: Traemanden, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 28

I stepped on a stingray in Peru 10 days ago. At first I thought it was a crab or something biting after I felt movement under my foot. I rushed to the shore and found a 1 cm bleeding cut in the soft part below my ankle. I humped across the beach to find a shower and flushed it while letting it bleed, I guess half a cup of blood. An employee from the hotel had seen me humping over the beach and came with hot water and soap in which my foot soaked for 15 to 20 minutes. After that he gave me a cotton pad soaked in hydrogen peroxide for disinfection. Actually the H2O2 was the most painful part. After an hour sitting (was entertained by jumping humpback whales far out), the wound seemed closed and I was able to walk normally. Here 10 days later the skin is almost healed in the middle of a 1 inch pink spot, and I feel itching in all of the original cut (1 or 2 inches deep) and a little pain when pressing the area. I didn't get any tetanus or antibiotic shots.

Comment from: Miss Myr, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 30

In early August 2014, I started feeling abdominal pains. I went to see a gynecologist and the ultra-sound report showed that I had an ovarian cyst on my right ovary measuring 3cm. I was put under medication and it disappeared. Early September after experiencing pains again, I went back to see the gynecologist and reported another cyst on my left ovary measuring 5 cm. I was put on pills and I'm hoping that I will be okay. I am still having abdominal pains and will be going back for another ultrasound mid-September.

Comment from: JustDucky, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

Vitex (chasteberry tree) has utterly helped me control the horrible pain, and has helped to shrink my ovarian cysts considerably. I"ve been taking 800mg once or twice per day for a year now, and can verify the benefits. I still experience some bleeding, particularly while stressed, but the pain is no longer an issue and I can sleep in any position I like without feeling the pain of the cysts.

Comment from: katpresley, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 24

My mother Is 80 years old and Clostridium difficile colitis almost killed her. I was there at the hospital this morning and her doctor came in and said she'd be in there a few more days!

Ovarian Cysts - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of ovarian cysts can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?
Ovarian Cysts - Pregnancy Experience Question: Was an ovarian cyst discovered on an ultrasound while you were pregnant? Please describe your experience.