Patient Comments: Ovarian Cysts - Treatments

What treatment has been effective for your ovarian cysts?

Comment from: Jade, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: July 18

I'm not exactly sure when I first started having problems with ovarian cysts because I had a few stomach pain episodes that we never got to the root of, but it was when I was about 14. Once we figured out what it was when I was 16, and I was basically given three options; remove my ovaries, get pregnant, or go on birth-control. Since the first two were basically not options for me, I went on the pill. It has proved to be quite effective so far and only once or twice since then have I had problems, but I do miss days every so often, so that's probably the problem. I highly suggest this method of treatment.

Comment from: Sdett37, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 13

I have had my right ovary remove because of cysts and scar tissue covers it. Now just my left ovary it has a cyst or cysts on it. I had to take some hormone pills to see if it will go away. I have to go back to the doctor in two weeks to see if it is dissolves. I have been dealing with cyst on my left ovary for awhile. I had a laproscopy last year to drain the cyst on my left ovary but when I went for my checkup this year. I had another cyst on my ovary. It has caused me to have pelvic pain, but I'm having pelvic pain on both sides.

Comment from: sharyn, 45-54 (Patient) Published: April 15

I was 25 years old when I first experienced ovarian cysts my first treatment was a laparoscopy I had 2 cysts drained which were the size of a walnut then several months later I was back in again. This time removing a cyst the size of a lemon and part of my ovary as well. I was so terrified because I wanted children in the future. I am 45 years old now with 4 children including a set of twins have not had any problems with cysts until now ''here I go again.''

Ovarian Cysts - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of ovarian cysts can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?
Ovarian Cysts - Pregnancy Experience Question: Was an ovarian cyst discovered on an ultrasound while you were pregnant? Please describe your experience.