Patient Comments: Ovarian Cysts - Pregnancy Experience

Was an ovarian cyst discovered on an ultrasound while you were pregnant? Please describe your experience.

Comment from: andy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 15

My cyst was found when I was doing pregnancy check up on the ultra sound and I had a very heavy bleeding with balls of dark clots. I bought pregnancy test and the results were negative but I was 6 weeks. I am afraid. I hope it is not miscarriage because I am still feeling symptoms of pregnancy and my stomach is getting bigger.

Comment from: mp, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I am 34 years old. I had abdominal pains and went to a doctor. He put on an ultra sound and found out I have a cyst on my left ovary and that I was 6 months pregnant. Two weeks later I had a miscarriage so I'm wondering if that cyst was the cause.

Comment from: Banaroj, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 08

I am 4 weeks pregnant, just found out and I have an ovarian cyst on my left ovary. I had had one about 3 months ago so I don't know if this is a new one or the old one. I have experienced a lot of sharp stomach pain right where my ovaries are. The doctor said I have to wait it out and that it will go away on its own. It is almost a constant pain and I was told if the pain gets worst or if there's blood, to contact the office. I have another appointment in 2 weeks.

Comment from: Maureen U., 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

I am 6 weeks and 2 days pregnant, I went for ultrasound and found I have 5 cm weight of ovarian cyst on my right ovary. I'm scared though the doctor said it is nothing to worry about that it can even dissolve on its own. Initially I was having cramps and abdominal pains but they have reduced. I want to know if there is anything I can do.

Comment from: H3ath3rlk, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 07

I was rushed to emergency room one evening with severe, almost immobilizing pain in my lower left abdomen. After many questions and tests I was diagnosed with a torsion of my left ovary. I had so many cysts that my ovary had begun to twist and cut off its own blood supply (explained to me like how a water balloon if you hold it at the neck the weight makes it "spin"). They did emergency surgery to remove the ovary. When I came out of the recovery room the nurse said "congratulations you're 15 weeks pregnant with twins". They are stable and healthy. So eighteen years later I'm living proof that being pregnant and ovarian cysts is "doable".

Comment from: bella, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 09

My ovarian cyst was discovered on an ultrasound and the doctor is saying I might be pregnant.

Comment from: ummiumayma, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I had a pregnancy test March 10th and it was positive. By April 24th I started bleeding seriously and went to see a gynecologist, did some scanning and he said I had a cyst in my left ovary and I had to be operated immediately. Now I am 7 weeks pregnant and I have been having abdominal cramps. I went to see a gynecologist who did a scanning and said there is a cyst in my left ovary again. He also said I need to rest a lot.

Comment from: Bev, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 17

I was told I had an ovarian cyst during an ultrasound in my last pregnancy 4 years ago and was told it was nothing to worry about. Now I am suffering from a bloated hard stomach, I wonder if anyone else has experienced this as I have heard cysts can cause abdominal bloating.

Ovarian Cysts - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of ovarian cysts can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?
Ovarian Cysts - Treatments Question: What treatment has been effective for your ovarian cysts?