Patient Comments: Ovarian Cancer - Diagnosis

How did your ovarian cancer diagnosis come about?

Comment from: Cathy1, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 14

I had severe chest pains and had tests that revealed an aneurysm in the ascending aorta, but the CT scan showed a tumor attached to my ovary. Blood test showed cancer markers are up. I am scheduled to have another CT scan in two days and removal of ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus and cervix scheduled for next week. I still don"t know for sure that it"s cancer.

Comment from: Julie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I had a diagnosis of pneumonia. After many antibiotics, I got diarrhea. The doctor asked for stool specimens, but within hours, I never had another bowel movement. I went to ER after vomiting copious amount of black/green bile mixed with blood. A CT scan revealed a large abdominal mass blocking my lower colon. During a colonoscopy, they were unable to push the scope through the mass. A laparotomy revealed stage 4 ovarian cancer. I've had three treatments so far, and will get another CT scan to see if the cancer has shrunk enough to surgically remove the rest of it.

Ovarian Cancer - Symptoms Question: For ovarian cancer, what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?
Ovarian Cancer - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your ovarian cancer?
Ovarian Cancer - Stages Question: What stage was your ovarian cancer when you were diagnosed?
Ovarian Cancer - Prognosis Question: What's the prognosis of your ovarian cancer?