Patient Comments: Osteopenia - Signs and Symptoms

Describe the signs and symptoms associated with your osteopenia.

Comment from: Loi, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

I find it amazing that they say there is no bone pain with osteopenia. That is the reason I went to the doctor, as I am having pain almost all of the time. When you go to lift something, it feels like you are picking up hundreds of pounds instead of the water pitcher. I cannot sit very long as my numbers have decreased in both hips and in my lower spine. I will be going to a specialist in osteoporosis as I am not able to take any oral medicines due to a gastric and liver problem.

Comment from: Lola, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I had bone pain all over my body. I just learned that a second tooth in which I'd had a root canal split right in half all the way down through the root. The first tooth split right at the gum line. I wonder whether this is related to osteopenia.

Osteopenia - Causes Question: If known, what is the cause of your osteopenia?
Osteopenia - Diagnosis Question: Describe the events that led to a diagnosis of osteopenia.
Osteopenia - Treatment Question: What treatments or therapies have you received for your osteopenia?