Osgood-Schlatter Disease Index
Osgood-Schlatter disease, a painful inflammation just below the knee but above the shin, typically affects adolescent boys. Symptoms include localized pain, inflammation, swelling, and calcification. Osgood-Schlatter disease typically goes away over time, however, symptoms can be helped with antiinflammatory and pain-relieving medications, ice, and rest.
Bursitis of the Knee
Bursitis of the knee results when any of the three fluid-filled sacs (bursae) become inflamed due to injury or strain. Symptoms...learn more »
In This Article
Bursitis of the Knee Article
- Knee bursitis facts
- What is bursitis?
- What is knee bursitis?
- What are causes of knee bursitis?
- What are knee bursitis symptoms and signs?
- How is knee bursitis diagnosed?
- How is prepatellar bursitis of the knee treated?
- What about the other knee bursae?
- What is the prognosis (outlook) of knee bursitis?
- Can knee bursitis be prevented?
The knee joint is composed of three compartments and ligaments which stabilize the joint. Causes of knee pain may include...learn more »
In This Article
Knee Pain Article
- Knee pain facts
- How is the knee designed, and what is its function?
- What are risk factors for knee pain?
- What injuries can cause knee pain, and what are symptoms? How is knee pain with injury diagnosed and treated?
- What are diseases and conditions that can cause knee pain, and what is the treatment for knee pain?
- What is the outlook (prognosis) for knee pain?
- Can knee pain be prevented?