Osgood-Schlatter Disease Index
Osgood-Schlatter disease, a painful inflammation just below the knee but above the shin, typically affects adolescent boys. Symptoms include localized pain, inflammation, swelling, and calcification. Osgood-Schlatter disease typically goes away over time, however, symptoms can be helped with anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving medications, ice, and rest.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- ibuprofen (Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever, and others)
- acetaminophen, Tylenol, Tylenol Arthritis Pain, Tylenol Ext, Little Fevers Children's Fever/Pain
Acute injuries, medical conditions, and chronic use conditions are causes of knee pain. Symptoms and signs that accompany knee...learn more »
Bursitis of the knee results when any of the three fluid-filled sacs (bursae) become inflamed due to injury or strain. Symptoms...learn more »
Children's health is focused on the well-being of children from conception through adolescence. There are many aspects of...learn more »
In This Article
Children's Health Article
- Introduction to children's health
- Children's growth and development
- Children's illnesses
- Children's injuries
- Children's behavior
- Children's mental illness
- Family health and children
- Community health and children
- Health care for children
There are many types of quadriceps injuries, including strains, contusions, Osgood-Schlatter disease, patellar tendinitis,...learn more »
In This Article
Quadriceps Injury Article
- Quadriceps injury facts
- What are the quadriceps?
- What are the different types of quadriceps injuries?
- What are causes and risk factors for a quadriceps injury?
- What are symptoms and signs of a quadriceps injury?
- What tests do health-care professionals use to diagnose a quadriceps injury?
- What is the treatment for a quadriceps injury?
- Are there home remedies for a quadriceps injury?
- What is the recovery time for a quadriceps injury?
- What is the prognosis of a quadriceps injury?
- What are complications of a quadriceps injury?
- Is it possible to prevent a quadriceps injury?