Osgood-Schlatter Disease Index
Osgood-Schlatter disease, a painful inflammation just below the knee but above the shin, typically affects adolescent boys. Symptoms include localized pain, inflammation, swelling, and calcification. Osgood-Schlatter disease typically goes away over time, however, symptoms can be helped with antiinflammatory and pain-relieving medications, ice, and rest.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Acute injuries, medical conditions, and chronic use conditions are causes of knee pain. Symptoms and signs that accompany knee...learn more »
In This Article
Knee Pain Article
- Knee pain facts
- What is knee pain?
- What are knee pain symptoms and signs?
- What causes knee pain?
- What are risk factors for knee pain?
- When should people with knee pain call a health-care professional?
- What are some of the complications of knee pain?
- How do physicians diagnose knee pain?
- What is the treatment for knee pain?
- Are there any home remedies for relief of knee pain?
- What is the prognosis of knee pain?
Bursitis of the knee results when any of the three fluid-filled sacs (bursae) become inflamed due to injury or strain. Symptoms...learn more »
In This Article
Knee Bursitis Article
- Knee bursitis facts
- What is bursitis?
- What is knee bursitis?
- What are causes of knee bursitis?
- What are knee bursitis
symptoms and signs?
- How is knee bursitis diagnosed?
- How is prepatellar bursitis of the knee treated? Are there
home remedies for knee bursitis?
- What about the other knee bursae?
- What is the prognosis (outlook) of knee bursitis?
- Can knee bursitis be prevented?