Patient Comments: Orthostatic Hypotension - Symptoms

What were the symptoms associated with your orthostatic hypotension?

Comment from: TK, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 18

Upon standing, I get real light headed and then get a sharp pain around one or both eyes which ultimately turns into an ocular migraine with blocked vision, and seeing jagged lines almost like looking out of cut glass. If I bend over for a few seconds and get the blood back to my head I can usually avoid the migraine and blocked vision. It's pretty scary when this orthostatic hypotension occurs and embarrassing because I don't want to call attention to myself at all in public places.

Comment from: Patches, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 22

I had no problem whatsoever until I had bypass heart surgery. Three days after surgery symptoms of orthostatic hypotension appeared. I also have a lot of pain in my legs when I first get up, I can't go anywhere until my blood pressure goes up, usually a minute or so. After eating is really bad!

Orthostatic hypotension - Effective Diagnosis Question: How was your orthostatic hypotension diagnosed?
Orthostatic Hypotension - Causes Question: If known, what was the cause of your orthostatic hypotension?
Orthostatic Hypotension - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, therapy, or medication did you receive for orthostatic hypotension?