Patient Comments: Orthostatic hypotension - Effective Diagnosis

Question:How was your orthostatic hypotension diagnosed?

Comment from: Mike, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 23

I had my first episode when I was 18 years old. All my life I would get dizzy when I stood up too fast. Now at age 59 it seems to be getting worse. I wake up with tingling finger tips. At age about 45 I had a tilt table test that confirmed Orthostatic hypotension. If was after I got up too fast and didn't pay attention to the dizziness and passed out. I just had a MRI with added meds to work my heart and passed with ease. My doctor seems to not be too concerned.

Comment from: mazzy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 07

A tilt table test. After two years of investigations, fainting and dizzy spells. I was more relieved to find out it was not my imagination.

Orthostatic Hypotension - Causes Question: If known, what was the cause of your orthostatic hypotension?
Orthostatic Hypotension - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms associated with your orthostatic hypotension?
Orthostatic Hypotension - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, therapy, or medication did you receive for orthostatic hypotension?