Orphenadrine (The brand Norflex has been discontinued in the US) is a prescription drug used to treat acute muscle aches, pains, or spasms. Side effects, drug interactions, warnings, precautions, dosing, storage, pregnancy, and breastfeeding safety information is included.
Muscle cramps are involuntarily and forcibly contracted muscles that do not relax. Extremely common, any muscles that have...learn more »
Lower Back Pain
There are many causes of back pain. Pain in the low back can relate to the bony lumbar spine, discs between the vertebrae,...learn more »
Muscle spasms are involuntary muscle contractions that come on suddenly and are usually quite painful. Dehydration, doing...learn more »
Chronic pain is pain (an unpleasant sense of discomfort) that persists or progresses over a long period of time. In contrast to...learn more »
In This Article
Chronic Pain Article
- Chronic pain facts*
- Introduction to chronic pain
- The A to Z of pain
- How is pain diagnosed?
- Pain management
- What is the role of age and gender in pain?
- A pain primer: what do we know about pain?
- What is the future of pain research?
- Spine basics: the vertebrae, discs and spinal cord
- The nervous system
- Phantom pain: how does the brain feel?
- Chili peppers, capsaicin and pain
- Marijuana for pain treatment
- Nerve blocks for pain treatment
- Where can I get more information about pain?
Pain management and treatment can be simple or complex, according to its cause. There are two basic types of pain, nociceptive...learn more »
In This Article
Pain Management Article
- Introduction to pain management
- How is pain treatment guided?
- What are the basic types of pain?
- Nociceptive pain
- Neuropathic pain
- What are other causes of pain?